The Nether Abbey Hotel started its life as a grand seaside home at the turn of the 19th century, and this resulted in the 12 individual bedrooms that the hotel has today. Each room has its own character with high ceilings on the first floor where the owners would have slept and combes and fireplaces – the former servants quarters on the second floor.
One thing all rooms have in common is that they have been renovated and designed to a very high standard by our wonderful designers Trevillion Interiors. No detail has been overlooked, and your comfort is our number one priority. All of the linen is of the finest quality Egyptian cotton, and fluffy white towels are a standard throughout. Each room comes with complimentary toiletries, beverage tray, a flat-screen plasma TV with 85 Freeview Channels, and if you need to keep in touch, there is free WI-FI throughout.
Our attic rooms are great for one and cosy for two. We think we have thought of everything but just to let you know we are a big old house and one thing we don’t have is a lift.
Don’t forget to look at our special offers on the website which offers great value stays – indulge yourself with our winter offer.
Book Online Today
Our most beautiful and spacious room was originally the music room of the old house and we have restored its grand scale. The large panelled doors at the entrance of the restaurant once separated this room from an adjoining lounge. The bathroom is equally grand with a feature bath and shower. The large bay window looks out over the Firth of Forth.
Rules for our four-legged friends
We are delighted to be able to welcome pets to our hotel. It is a £15 per pet, per night surcharge, this payment will be taken upon arrival.
If you are bringing your dog with you, please note the following policy:
We have recently renovated our rooms and would like to take this opportunity to remind you of our house rules for pets.
- Your dog is welcome in the bar area and in reception when accessing your room
- If you would like your pet to have breakfast with you then please let us know and we will set up a table in the bar area for you – happy to cook whatever your pet would like for breakfast
- Please ensure your dog is dry and not muddy when they go into the bedroom – if you would like us to provide a towel to dry them off then please just ask
- Do not leave your dog unattended in the room at any time unless they are in a cage
- Please ensure that any water and food bowls are kept in the bathroom
- Please do not allow them onto the beds or furniture
- Please take your pets outside the vicinity to do their business
- If there are any accidents in the room – these things do happen – please just let us know so we can take appropriate cleaning action
- Please provide your own bedding and bowls
We look forward to welcoming you – and any furry companions – soon to The Nether Abbey.